Toothbrushes are the first line of defense in our fight against oral problems. So it becomes very important for us to select a good quality toothbrush. There are many types of toothbrushes available in the market now that it becomes difficult to choose from. But remember to select the one that fits your needs or the one that your dentist recommends. So here are the Top 5 recommended toothbrushes for you.
Colgate zig-zag toothbrush
This medium bristled brush is very good for people who want a clean set of teeth and do not have any major gum issues. It cleans well and the zig-zag cleaning action is especially useful for people with uneven or poorly aligned teeth.
The Zig Zag action also cleans effectively between your gum line and removes the odor-causing bacteria. It’s usually gentle on your gums and clears away the plaque if you use the right brushing technique.
Colgate slim soft toothbrush
The slim soft variant has a small head that reaches easily into the corners of your mouth. Its bristles are thin and soft and very good for people with bleeding gums or to be used after tooth removal. The soft bristles of this toothbrush enable
- 6x deeper cleaning in your gum line which is better for gum health
- 1.5x better cleaning between your teeth
The only downside is that it might prove to be very gentle and ineffective for people with normal healthy gums.
Oral B cavity defense 123 toothbrush
- This is a very good brush from the Oral B brand. The medium hardness bristles are great for effective cleaning.
- The bristles are arranged in a cup-like formation and not just look good but also provide effective cleaning also in your gum line.
- The bristles stay firm because of the arrangement and do not wear out easily.
Sensodyne sensitive toothbrush
This is an excellent soft bristle toothbrush for people with sensitive teeth and tender gums.
The bristles are thin and gently clean your teeth. The head is slightly bigger than the Colgate slim soft one but smaller than conventional toothbrushes making it the perfect size to reach corners. The only downside of this affordable toothbrush is that it wears out faster because of its delicate bristles.
Oral-B Pro 2 2000N Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush
If you want better cleaning or are unable to clean properly because of age or are plain lazy, this is an excellent investment and your superhero.
- It is a rechargeable electric brush that lasts 7 days with a single recharge.
- The criss-cross cleaning action keeps your teeth clean and your gums healthy.
- It has a 30-second beeper which beeps to let you know to move to the next tooth.
- It even has a 2-minute timer to remind you to stop brushing as over-brushing can damage your teeth.
Finally, remember that it’s not only about how fancy your brush is but how you are brushing. The best brush with extremely poor technique will do more bad than good. So brush well and don’t forget to floss and clean your tongue.