It is an uphill task for most parents to get their kids to brush, but also very important to teach them the right brushing technique right from their childhood. Following the ideal dental care routine for your kids will ensure a good dental future for preventing most of the dental problems we face today.
Understanding how much of a task it is for parents, an attractive toothbrush can make brushing time fun for both the kids and the parents. Here are some of the top recommend toothbrushes for kids.
Johnson’s Baby Toothbrush
When it comes to taking care of your child isn’t Johnson’s always on your mind? Johnson’s toothbrushes are not only affordable but also is the perfect choice as your baby’s first brush.
- It has a very small head making it a good choice for babies as young as 6 months.
- The bristles are made of soft Tynex bristles making it safe to use on the delicate gums as well.
- The handle is wide to avoid swallowing and can be held comfortably by the parents.
There are also teethers available with soft silicone serrations which can be used as a toothbrush for your babies.
Colgate extra soft kids toothbrush
Colgate kids’ toothbrushes are always liked by children since they are available in various colors and characters. This toothbrush is also recommended by dentists since the extra soft bristles of this toothbrush helps the child brush his teeth with ease while teething too.
- This brush is perfect for kids older than 2 years and come in 3 attractive character shapes.
- It has a rounded head making it safe for use by kids on their own multi-height bristles cover the teeth comfortably and clean them well.
Colgate extra soft kids toothbrush with a tongue cleaner
Kids are always eating throughout the day and as parents sometimes we don’t have much control over what they’re binging. Hence becomes very important to take care of not only their teeth but also their gums as well as tongue. Most of the micro-organisms reside on the tongue and it is very important your child learns how to clean his/her tongue.
- This is a good option for kids older than 5 years of age.
- It has multi-height bristles that clean both primary and permanent teeth well.
- It had a soft tongue cleaner on the back making it a good choice to teach your kids to clean their tongue from an early age.
Oral B kids manual toothbrush
The cup-shaped bristles of this brush surround the teeth and clean your child’s teeth gently. The unique feature of this toothbrush is that it has power tip bristles that make cleaning back teeth easier.
- This brush from Oral B is very lightweight and has a good grip.
- It has a control grip which makes it easier for small hands to hold.
Colgate battery operated kids toothbrush
Kids and children are always fascinated with electronic devices and always amused by something new. The Colgate Kids’ battery-operated toothbrush is a perfect toothbrush to motivate your kids to brush daily and maintain good oral hygiene. This is a great option for kids older than 3 years who find brushing boring or troublesome.
- This electric brush has a small oscillating head with extra soft bristle.
- It has an easy to use on/ off button for kids.
- It is battery operated so you could save the hassle of charging.
- The handle is slim and flat so that it doesn’t roll off.
Parents should supervise their kids brushing till 5 years of age. So select a good brush and instill good oral hygiene habits in your kids.
- Your child needs a toothbrush as soon as the first tooth appears in the mouth.
- Parents need to supervise toothbrushing for their kids till the age of 5.
- Make sure you choose the right toothbrush according to the age of your child. The recommended age is displayed on the packaging.
- Take into consideration the toothbrush head size and the length toothbrush handle while choosing the right toothbrush for your child.
- Choose the one that has a toothpaste indicator.
- You can also go for electric toothbrushes for your child to make toothbrushing more fun. This keeps them more interested in the activity.