Do you keep wondering why are you facing dental problems even though you are brushing twice and brushing properly? That might be because you are not using the right brushing technique. The right brushing technique should be taught to people right from their childhood. Children should get into the habit of brushing correctly as that is the age when they are more prone to developing cavities. There is no age to learn the right brushing technique.
How to brush, using the right brushing technique?
The importance of Brushing your teeth in the morning
After your 8 hours of sleep, the microorganisms present in the mouth get enough time to harbour in the oral environment. When you wake up the next morning there is a lot of plaque and bacteria which needs to be removed. This plaque and bacteria that reside in the mouth are the root cause of tooth decay. Also brushing in the morning gives you a feeling of refreshment and helps you get rid of the bad breath.
Importance of brushing at night
Hence, both morning and night-time brushing both are important and should be practiced without any laziness. Remember your teeth are more valuable than diamonds so keep them healthy.
Nothing can replace your toothbrush
The mechanical action of the toothbrush effectively cleans all the plaque, debris and the food particles that are stuck on the tooth surfaces. Using a toothpaste alone or replacing a toothbrush with mouthwash is not going to effective in removing the plaque and bacteria. It is very important to pick the right toothbrush for yourself and using the right technique to brush your teeth for good dental health.
1) Replace your toothbrush every 3-4 months and after every time you recover from cold and cough.
2) Brush your teeth gently and do not apply excessive pressure while brushing your teeth. Check for fraying of the bristles of your toothbrush.
3) Make sure the brush head is not very big to fit in your mouth.
4) Brush your teeth 2×2 times. That is brushing your teeth for 2 minutes 2 times a day.
5) Try using a medium-soft bristled toothbrush.
6) Along with brushing twice, flossing daily and using a tongue cleaner to clean your tongue is a must for good dental hygiene.”
- Brushing your teeth is important, but what is more important is the technique used to brush your teeth.
- Using the right technique to brush your teeth will only help protect your enamel of your tooth, thus preventing dental problems like sensitivity and cavities.
- Brushing your teeth both in the morning as well as at night is the key to maintain your oral hygiene.
- Nothing can replace your toothbrush. Tooth powders or your fingers are not a substitute for your toothbrush.