Cause of Rampant dental caries in children
Older adults with dry mouth also tend to have rampant tooth decay. Aging causes your saliva flow to decrease. Saliva is a natural cleanser, without which cavities appear and progress much faster than usual.
Treatment for rampant dental caries in children
The treatment success of a person with rampant decay depends on the changes they make in their oral habits, no matter how old they are. A balanced diet is a must, and so is a proper oral hygiene routine.
Importance of brushing in the morning
Importance of brushing at night
1) Your child needs to visit the dentist on his first birthday.
2) Clean your baby’s gums with a clean small cloth or gauze wrap it around your little finger and move it around the mouth on the gums.
3) Once the baby finishes drinking the milk feed him at least 2 spoons of water.
4) If your baby’s teeth have erupted then make your child drink water after all his meals.
5) Remind your child to drink plenty of water throughout the day.
6) Give your child more fibrous foods like cucumber, carrots and tomatoes after meals or snacks.
7) Watch your child over his/her eating habits.
8) Start brushing your child’s teeth once their teeth start appearing with a small children’s toothbrush.
9) Supervise your child while they brush their teeth and teach them the right technique of brushing right from their childhood.
10) Take your child to a dentist every year for regular dental checkups to make ensure he/she has good dental health.