Inspired from Southwark Council London, Dental Dost team organized a Fizz-free-feb Beverage making Contest on Friday, 22nd of February. We received a great response from women who love to experiment with new recipes and implement healthy options.
We were honored that experts from healthcare and food industry contributed their knowledge and experience to evaluate these healthy fizz free drinks
Fizz-free-Feb Contest Winners
Our Fizz-Free-Feb Beverage Making contest winner Sneha Gugale presented a chilled, healthy, and tasty beverage perfect for summer. The judges appreciated her recipe as all the ingredients were easily available and the natural sweetener she added was also beneficial for a series of health conditions.
Let’s have a look at what she made.
Name of the drink- Detoxifier
- 1 Cucumber
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Beetroot
- ½ Inch Ginger
- Juice of ½ Lime
- A handful of Mint leaves
- A Handful of Coriander leaves
- Black Pepper
- Cumin Powder
- Grind a sliced cucumber, carrot, and ginger in a food processor or a blender.
- Add some chopped mint and coriander leaves and blend it again.
- Strain the blended mixture.
- Squeeze half a lemon in the juice and a pinch of black pepper, black salt, and some cumin powder. Stir the mixture well.
- Add some ice cubes and enjoy a chilled healthy drink.
Our Runner-up Mrs. Varsha Dobhada made an amazingly tasty recipe from fruits which can be served hot as well as cold.
Name of the drink – Dental-e-Fajita
- Amla (Gooseberry)
- 1 Kiwi
- 10-12 Grapes
- ½ tsp Cumin seeds
- 1-2 Cloves
- Curry leaves finely chopped
- ½ Tsp. Fenugreek Seeds
- ¼ tsp. Ghee or Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp. Ragi flour
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of asafoetida
- Finely chopped coriander
- Steam the Amla or the gooseberry till it gets mushy, added with chopped kiwi and grapes. Blend all three fruits in a mixer.
- In a pan, saute some cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, cloves and curry leaves in homemade ghee and add a pinch of asafoetida and ragi flour. Ragi flour adds a thick and creamy texture to your drink.
- Add the blended fruit mixture in the pan and stir all the ingredients well and give them a nice boil. At last add salt to taste and a generous amount of coriander as per your liking.
- Serve this piping hot drink great for your teeth as well as your body.
We thank all the participants who all gave their precious time to be a part of our Fizz-Free-feb Campaign and contributed to the promotion of a healthy lifestyle!